In advance of the new restrictions due to begin on Thursday, the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government has tweeted that ‘the housing market will remain open through this period.’ In his tweet on Sunday evening, he said that:
• Renters & homeowners will be able to move
• Removal firms and estate agents can operate
• Construction sites can and should continue
• Tradespeople will be able to enter people’s homes
• But all must follow the COVID safety guidance
In Wales, during the firebreak period, home moving is still permitted if the planned move cannot be delayed until after 9 November, when the firebreak is due to end.
In addition to general national measures or local tier measures, further restrictions may be added to reflect local conditions, so it is important to keep an eye on the governments’ coronavirus pages and our news feed.